Thursday, August 15, 2013

Running for a Cause: Venture Expeditions Ending Human Trafficking

I have officially signed up for my second 5k. My goal is to just beat the time of my first 5k, and my first 5k my goal was to just do it!

October 26, 2013 I will be running in the Monster Dash. I am excited and nervous. It can be cold or hot in October here in MN...and I am not a fan of running in either of those conditions outside.

However, I am mostly excited. I am running this race in honor of Venture Expeditions. Venture is an organization that raises money to end human trafficking. Something is I entirely passionate about. When I began this wellness journey, I didn't want it to be just about me. I wanted it to be about something bigger than myself, and it would help others. This is just the begining. 

I am really excited that I can run 3.1 miles. I know for some of you avid runners that seems like a short distance, but I know that less than two years ago, it seemed impossible. In training for this, I hit a wall every single time I hit just the two mile mark, and the last mile seems like it will never come. I am working hard on pushing through that wall.

This is probably one of the more exciting things that have happened on this journey, being able to say that I am running for such a great cause. It makes me thrilled to be able to have the oppourtunity. I think about those girls who are caught up in sex slavery and  do not have the chance to run, or have meals to eat, or have any freedom to even take a walk. There's something about this that seems like it has come full circle. 

What I experienced growing up was by no means the horror they are walking through, but it was a severe form of injustice. If the mere $500 I set out to raise on this journey can help even one girl be rescued or prevented from being abused, then it's worth it. I honestly feel like breaking my food addiction that resulted from being abused, and being able to run a race to fight that very same kind of abuse, does something to the kingdom of darkness. 

Each step I run pounds the evil and the atrocity in the face, and helps me gain one more step towards my own freedom from the past. 

Yes I am running for those caught in human trafficking. Yes I am running for me. But most importantly, I am running to overcome evil and oppression. 

If you choose to donate you can follow this link & learn more about my fundraiser and more about Venture Expeditions. Thank you for your consideration. https://ventureexpeditions.dntly.com/donations/new?campaign_id=718&fundraiser_id=1617

As always Father God, the glory from this journey goes to you. You are the author and finisher of my faith. While I am far from finished, I thank you God that you have brought me this far. You have given me more hope than I ever thought possible. You have given me a new perspective on this thing. Thank you that the last two days have been lighter and more managable. Thank you Lord for loving me. Thank you Lord that with you, chains are broken. Lives are healed, and lives are redeemed. Lord bring comfort to the hurting tonight. Bring healing to the brokeness. Here in America, and across the world God. Oppression is not of you, in you there is freedom and life. Thank you for guiding me into grace filled life and breath. You are only good Lord. You are only good. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment