Sunday, July 21, 2013

Favorite New Foods & Workouts

Here are a few of my favorite new foods I am eating:

Home-made Hummus

2 Cans Chickpeas (30 oz total) drained and rinsed.
2 Tablespoons Tahini (found in the ethnic foods section at Cub)
1 Tablespoon EVOO
2Tablespoons lemon juice
Garlic Powder to taste
1/4 cup water

Throw in blender and blend. Simple as that.

Roasted Carrots & Broccoli

1/2 bag baby carrots
1 head broccoli cut up
Toss in a bowl garnish generously with lemon juice and sprinle with sea salt.
Throw on a cookie sheet place in over at 425 for 15 minutes.

These have become staples in my diet right now. They fill me up and are easy easy easy.

Smoothie:
Handful fresh kale leaves
Handful fresh raspberries
Handful fresh blueberries
Put in blender
Fill with almond milk
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon honey
Blend. Drink. Done. Sometimes if I know it's going to be awhile until lunch I add a 1/4 cup oatmeal to this. It keeps me a bit fuller for longer.

Exercises:
Pinterest has become my best friend. I learn a lot from watching others fitness pages. It helps. I try to keep myself from being too bored. I am practicing the moves I find hard in the mornings, just concentrating on the movements. 10 times or 20 just to learn the movement. Much like a football player learns drills. I can't do a mountain climber because it feels awkward, and I feel totally uncoordinated. So I have been dropping to the floor when I get out of bed in the morning and I do the movement very slowly. Learning how my body feels so that way when I want to do them faster, I can. It totally helps, and makes me feel less awkward later.

No comments:

Post a Comment